Instagram Can Inspire A Sexual Health Revolution
I saw an Instagram post once where a girl talked about her period nightmare: She started her period at 12 at her baby sitters house who just happened to be a guy, the guy and the girl freaked out and the boy decided to call 911. The comment section was filled with, OMG, are you serious? to.... this is why we need effective sex. ed courses.
As traumatizing as that may have been, the girl survived and we all laughed, but the comment on the need for efficient sexual education programs really struck me, the commentators where right, maybe if we had effective Sex Ed courses the girl and the guy wouldn't have gone through that traumatic experience. After that, I made it my mission to find Instagram post that focused on educating others on Sex and Sexual Health. Instagram is an amazing place to share information and commentaries, whether they're meant to be funny, serious, or make you think; Instagram has an interesting place in the Sexual Health Movement:
Here are five Instagram post that make you think about the importance of sexual health:
1. Sex is more than just a physical connection
2. Protect Yourself, no matter what stage you're in
3. Unsafe abortion still happen in the 21st century, abortion safety is important
4. Self explanatory, but your private parts are perfect the way they are also, vagina's clean themselves, don't insert artificial products into your body
5. What is the true meaning of virginity in today's society?